CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 31, 2008

Long Overdue Visit....

This past Saturday, the Haynes' family finally had a get together. Ever since my grandparents passed away, it's been really hard for our family to get together (they were the glue that kept us all together). With every one's busy schedules and everyday life, there's always something. We finally just planned something. Thanks to my Aunt Pam and cousins, the gathering was a huge success! We got to see new babies in the family and relatives some of us haven't seen in quite some time. My aunt and uncle live on a farm and it was really nice to finally get back out there. In fact, I haven't been there in 8 years! So, with Chris' first visit to the farm, I was anxious to show him around. I had so many great childhood memories there and loved sharing those stories with him.
We all had a great afternoon reconnecting, playing games, and eating! The out-of- towners sure were missed and due to illness, Jennifer, Kevin and Isabella were unable to make it. Hopefully next time we can all be there and get this glue to stick again! :-)

Visiting....


Cousin's Brittany and Jessica enjoying the food!

Me and Kailyn (my cousin's new baby girl)

Playing with Kailyn!

Chris, Uncle Bill, and dad enjoying some grub!

You can't go to the farm and not go to the barn...

Chris petting one of the cows!

Now it's my turn!

Chris mooing at the bull (he can sound just like them)!

I'm feeding Annie, the mini horse! This experience was too funny and the whole afternoon everyone laughed at me. I swear that horse was trying to bite me. I'm such a city slicker! :-)



*Rach, I hope my post was what you expected!! ;-) *wink, wink*

7 comments:

Sue Haynes said...

Count me in on the next one! I'm so glad everyone got to be together again. Family is so important.

Sue Haynes said...

Count me in on the next one! I'm so glad everyone got to be together again. Family is so important.

Sue Haynes said...

Count me in on the next one! I'm so glad everyone got to be together again. Family is so important.

Kristy said...

Great pictures=) Looks like a successful "Haynes" Family get-together!

Mrs. Eshbaugh said...

ABSOLUTELY way better than mine!!! Way to go with the pics!

Mary Gaylord said...

I agree, way too long overdue visit!! It was so nice to see everyone and the "new additions" to the family.
We definitely have to get together again, alot sooner this time, and hopefully Jennifer, Kevin & Isabella can be there (if they're not sick!) Great pictures!

Hollyn Patricia Haynes said...

Sorry, I missed a few days of the blogging world. Trying to catch up.
Looks like you all had fun. Hopefully we can be at the next one.

Thanks for the pics!