CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 10, 2007

Migraines.....UGH!!!

This past week I was down in the dumps for a few days. In the last couple of years I've had the 'privilege' of getting migraines passed down to me through my family! :-(
Last Wednesday while I was at work started the beginning of a migraine that for the life of me just knocked me down instantly. I toughed it out and made it through the rest of the work day. But being in a office environment all day, sometimes it's hard. You have the fluorescent lights beaming in your face, the straining of your eyes on the computer for 8 hours everyday, and the phones ringing off the hook.
Once I muscled through my 35 minute drive home, I took some of my prescription and laid on the couch. Needless to say I didn't move until Chris woke me up to go to bed. Oh, by the way, I stayed home on Thursday. Thursday morning came and I really hoped getting up I would feel better. Well what's that saying, things always get worse before they get better.....well, they did. I only slept about2 hours during the night so I was hoping for a better days sleep. I guess I shouldn't have hoped!! I got zero sleep on Thursday, I was nausea all day and was running out of things to do to keep the pounding to a minimal!
By Friday I was feeling a little better, I got to the doctor and she gave a me a stronger prescription. By Saturday, I was back to 100%, Thank GOD!

If I'm going to get them I guess there's nothing I can do about it, but at least I'm lucky to only get them once in awhile and not all the time. I've been told mine come on more from stress. NO, me....stress! LOL, I'm sure you're all agreeing with my doctors aren't you?! I know, I know.....I'm a stresser and I need to cut it out, but how? Any ideas? I would love to hear them!!

3 comments:

Mrs. Eshbaugh said...

YUCK!!! I hope they stay away!!

The Kramer's said...

Julie,
Hope you feel better soon!!
I have yet to find a good remedy for dealing with migraines! They just hurt! I am sure some Isabella hugs and kisses would help though! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better Jules!!!
Dee