CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Green Thumbs....

Saturday was an extremely long and tiring day for myself, Chris, and my mom and dad. Chris and I have lived in our house about 1 1/2 years now and last summer we didn't do a whole lot outside. This year, I wanted to change that.
Yesterday was a perfect day for yard work and we all took full advantage of that. Since this is our first home and neither one of us have done a lot of planting, mom and dad offered to help us!
I wanted to tackle the front first since that's what people see. We ribbed out 2 trees and a couple more bushes! I love ripping stuff out! :-) We went to the store and picked out some new bushes/flowers. We also had to get new mulch and dirt. The plan was while mom and I were planting things, dad was going to assist Chris with some lighting. They installed a new front porch light along with a new spotlight for the back door/yard. Some other projects came along as the day went on......

Front before any work

Other side of the front before any work

Taking out the old brick border

Chris starting to put our new border down

Our newest plants: the one in the middle and the two in the front

And the other two: the one in the center and the other in the back corner (it's kind of hard to see, it's a barberry bush)

The full view of the front, a defiant improvement! We only have to finish the bricks. Once our new plants grow bigger I'll share how they're coming along!

Chris hanging our new front porch light

Our new spotlight in the back

This was added last week, but I figured I'd show off our new patio set.

Chris and dad tinkering around (hopefully they were discussing what was going to get done next) :-)

This area is in the corner of our backyard. A couple of weeks ago, Chris and I tore out more trees to make room for my Lilac bush I wanted to plant there. Here Chris is breaking up some roots from the tree that was left behind!
The finished product in the backyard. I love this little area. I think it came out very nice and adds a lot to our yard. Hopefully by next year I'll have some lilac's blooming!

3 comments:

Kevin, Isabella, Jennifer Kramer said...

Looks great! Can I have some lilacs from your tree?

Kristy said...

You all did a GREAT JOB!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey girlie...your flowers look great!