CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday!

Today is a day I love! For some, it's a day to relax at home on their day off of work, others may decorate for Christmas, me, I go SHOPPING! :-) HaHa, I know, you're all thinking I'm crazy! Who would want to go out in that traffic, deal with those crowds, and stand in line forever? LOL, I would!
It all started a couple of years ago. My mom and I decided to go out one year really early, I'm talking 5am! I had SO much fun. I not only got some great deals, but I got to spend 'girl' time with my mom. So, every year since, I like to go out. Well this year, I got mom to come out again!
For me, it all started at about 7am. I decided to hit the mall first. Really I only wanted to go to Old Navy. I'm a frequent shopper of Old Navy and get a lot of coupons from them. So with $85 in coupons, I went shopping. Not only did I find great deals, I also got a few things taken off my Christmas list and even bought myself a few things along the way! Walking out and saving a $118, who can beat that?! I hit a couple more small stops and then it was off to Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart didn't have as many good deals, but I never walk out of Wal-Mart empty handed....a couple more things off my list!
By this time it's about 10am and I'm on my way to pick up mom. Once mom was along for the journey, the real shopping started! Our first stop, Kohl's. HOLY COW, it was a mad house!! The line literally wrapped completely around the store. Both mom and I found some great deals, more gifts and even a present for ourselves. Now it was time to get in that line. From start to finish and waiting in shifts while the other walked around for more deals, we were in line for about 50 minutes!
Off to Target we went. We didn't do so well here, they weren't having a great sale...at least not by the time we got there. But mom got a few gifts for people and for once I can say I walked away with spending no money! Our last stop was Bed, Bath & Beyond, where I wanted to get my favorite Mistletoe candle by Yankee and mom got a few more gifts.
By this time it was about 4pm and I was out of gas! :-( I was starving, my back and knee hurt, and I had a splitting headache. Dropped mom off and home I went.
All in all, it was a great 'Black Friday'! Not only did I get more accomplished off my Christmas list, but I got to spend quality time with my mom. That's defiantly....Priceless!

Our deck at 6:30am...First snow fall, that stuck!


Our front yard!

5 comments:

The Kramer's said...

Jennifer told me about how you guys stood in line forever at Kohls!!! You're a lot braver than I am!!

Anonymous said...

I spent the day at home relaxing in the 72 degree weather. The snow looks nice, especially seeing it's only in a photo for us! I commend you on your courage for being a Black Friday shopper. Not me baby...
Aunt Sue

Kristy said...

Ahhh... shopping:) What a great feeling to get things marked off your list! I bet your Mom had a nice time with you.
Wish it would snow here, or at least get cooler. We've all picked up a bug going around since Florida can't decide on a temperature to stick with: cool one day, hot the next- grrr!
Love seeing your photos and hearing how things are going...
Luv ya!

Kevin, Isabella, Jennifer Kramer said...

I hope you bought lots of presents for me! Just kidding! Glad you had fun. There's no way I'd be out there!

Mrs. Eshbaugh said...

I'm usually right there doing the same thing, but I decided I needed some extra rest this year! Glad you enjoyed though!!