CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

F.R.G.

As most of you know, Chris will be deploying after the new year. As the time gets closer and closer, I get sadder and sadder!
Today was my first FRG (Family Readiness Group) meeting. They discussed with us our soldiers upcoming training schedule, pay, medical insurance, and other little odds and ends. I knew this time was coming, but this meeting really made me hit reality. I'm sitting there with other wives, kids, and families around me thinking to myself, 'this is really happening, Chris is really going back to Iraq'. I can't help but think how I'm ever going to get through this next year? When Chris was in Cuba it was the distance that was the hardest, but I knew he was going to be safe. This time I have so many other things to worry about. The distance and not being able to see him for a year, the thought and worry of getting a that dreaded knock on my door, taking care of a house and everything that goes along with it by myself for a year, working a million hours a week, and trying to get through the lonely days and nights! It's really hard to have people understand what you're going through, because unless you're a part of this life style you'll never truly understand how it feels and I would never wish it upon anyone I love.
The next couple of months are going to be very stressful and I won't get to see Chris a whole lot. So we're defiantly going to be making the time we have together count. We have a lot of things to get in order and things to take care of and I'm trying to handle everything one day at a time.
I know the support from my family and close friends will defiantly be needed and that will get me through I'm sure some very tough times ahead. Thank you for listening to me cry on your shoulders, I'm sure it won't be the last!
Please keep myself and especially Chris in your daily thoughts and prayers....we'll need it!

2 comments:

Sue Haynes said...

My right shouder is officially reserved for you. I know what you are feeling and fearing. Any time, anything you need, both of you... call me. I'll do absolutely everything I can to help in any possible way. For now, hold on to each other. That will get you through this the most. I love you guys.

Hollyn Patricia Haynes said...

Julie--

We're here for you in Philly if you guys need anything!

Take care- Hope to see everyone soon!!