CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Happy 34th Anniversary!!

I just want to wish my parents a wonderful 34th Anniversary today!

Growing up, I thought it was so neat that my parents were still together. For most of my friends their parents were divorced. I literally was 1 of maybe 2 or 3, that their parents were still happily married!

When I look at my parents I can see the love they still have for each other after all these years. They've shared so much, gone through so much, and have so much to be thankful and proud of. They still laugh, joke, tease, and lean on each other for everything!

Every child thinks their parents are the best, just like every parent thinks they have the best child. I can honestly say that I have the best parents! There isn't anything my parents won't or haven't done for me. When I was growing up, they were always there (sometimes and at some stages, I didn't want them to be there), but as I'm older I'm thankful that I was lucky to have both parents there for me during good and bad times.

As I've grown into a woman, my parents marriage has taught me a lot about my own marriage. You have to have patience...something I've always struggled with (and still do), you have to laugh, cry with each other, share your hopes and dreams and even fears, build a life together and make it solid so nothing can destroy it! I just hope that Chris and I are as lucky as you two in 34 years!

So to my mom and dad---Happy 34th Anniversary, you deserve the best and even greater years to come! We love you! :-)

8 comments:

Mrs. Eshbaugh said...

Happy Anniversary Uncle Steve and Aunt Mary!

Kristy said...

Happy anniversary=) We love you!

Kevin, Isabella, Jennifer Kramer said...

Jules,
What a great post for mom and dad! You said it best from both of us!

Anonymous said...

That was soooo sweet! Tell them happy anniversary! Miss you guys! Love ya

Tricia said...

Happy Anniversary Aunt Mary and Uncle Steve!!!!! I miss you guys!!!!

Love,
Tricia

Mary Gaylord said...

Thank you so much for your sweet post! It made us both cry. And to let you know the secret - as your father says - I tell him everyday how happy he is!!

Sue Haynes said...

34 already and at least as many more to come I hope! Happy Anniversary! Julie, you're right, what you learn for building a strong marriage is clearly shown by looking at your Mom and Dad.

Hollyn Patricia Haynes said...

Julie--what a beautiful tribute to your parents....how wise you've become in their old age!!!