CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Roxi's one sick puppy....

So to make a long story short:
Roxi is sick and was sick when we got her (we obviously didn't know). She has a severe case of kennel cough. If it was treated right away she probably would be on a better road to recovery. Instead for what ever reason, she did not receive treatment at the pet store.
I took Roxi to our family vet on Tuesday and he gave her two antibiotics. We go back this evening for round two! She doesn't have much of an appetite, which is worrying everyone. Right now she's living off of chicken broth, which I guess at this point is better then nothing.
I've spoke to the pet store along with their vet and voiced my concerns. They are fully reimbursing us for any cost that is going towards Roxi's illness. I wrote a very strong letter to them yesterday explaining the situation, the ongoing issues I've had dealing with each of them, and the reason we should receive reimbursement.
Chris and I defiantly don't regret getting Roxi, we just wish someone had disclosed this vital information to us or least gave us medicine to administer to her immediately.
Please keep your fingers crossed that our new baby will make a fast and easy recovery! I'll keep you all updated on her progress.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

POOR BABY! I am sure she will get to feeling better soon!

Kristy said...

=( Lots of prayers for her recovery... I hate it when those responsible don't follow through with care, especially towards someone so little. Get better Roxi<3

Mrs. Eshbaugh said...

oh no! give her lots of extra cuddles. And good for you for standing up to "them"!