CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 21, 2007

A Weekend to Myself

This weekend was Chris's guard weekend, meaning he left Friday and won't be home till later this afternoon. For the most part, I'm not a fan of these weekends away. For the obvious reason....I miss him when he's not here. However, in our time together we've mastered the art of being apart! So when Chris is gone for his weekends, I make the best of my time. I always use the time to clean my house from top to bottom. I can blast the stero and get down and dirty! I also try and get errands done that I don't normally have time to do during the week. I even wait to do things when I know a 'long weekend' is coming up. The bottom line, I always use these weekends to get things done that I know Chris hates to do!
Don't get me wrong though, I really do enjoy the time to myself. I get to watch what I want, when I want, I get to eat whatever I like (there's a lot of things I don't get to eat very often cause Chris doesn't like it), and I can basically just lay around and do things when I want and be in no rush! But by the time Sunday afternoon rolls around, I'm pretty much ready for him to come home.
So right at this point, I've cleaned the entire house, got all the laundry done, mowed the grass, paid bills, and got running around finished. I'm finally relaxing and waiting for the return of my husband!
P.S. For those of you that know that I HATE to cook, I usually always make dinner on these Sunday's and have it waiting for him when he gets home!

1 comments:

Mrs. Eshbaugh said...

ooopsss.. I goofed... I told you in an email to have fun in Kent on Sat. Wrong Sat....sorry Julie, my brain is still in labor I guess
I'm glad you got some cleaning done!