CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Not Enough Time in the Day....

I know I haven't posted in awhile but I'm still hanging in there! There has been so much going on in the last week or so...it's been crazy.

The kitchen remodel is still going strong, in fact the way things are going, I'm hoping this will be pretty close to complete around the first of the year! Since my dad's been off since Monday, he's been coming to our house everyday ALL day and working! As I posted before, with our house being older and so many people doing things to it over the years and not doing things necessarily the right way, some things needed fixed correctly. One of those major things was our walls. Since there were so many bumpy and yucky spots that weren't fixable we decided the best thing to do was to put all new drywall up. Since the back end of our kitchen was an add on, it's a pretty decent size kitchen and that means a lot of walls! Dad's been amazing at getting this done! In the next few weeks we're going to be painting, putting up new molding, a new back door, and new floors! It's going to be crazy...but definitely well worth the mess! :-)

Not only am I'm going through the kitchen remodel, but I'm still finishing Christmas shopping and working all day. I'm hoping to start wrapping this weekend!

And the best news for last....we're under the 2 week mark for Chris's return! Two weeks from yesterday and he'll be home. Neither him nor I can wait. As we talk on the phone, we find ourselves talking more and more about him coming home and everyday it makes it more real. People tell me how they could never do what I do and that they couldn't imagine being an Army Wife, but to tell you the truth...I love it! Don't get me wrong, the quite nights alone do get pretty lonesome and I would love nothing more than for him to be here with me. But aside from that, I'm so proud of Chris and all of his accomplishments. I proud of what he stands for and what he fights against. There's no better job and definitely no prouder moment then being a true Army Wife!

2 comments:

Kevin, Isabella, Jennifer Kramer said...

First, go Dad for all the hard work I know you are doing! Next, go Julie for hanging in there. We are here for you! Last, go Chris and his military police unit for training hard to get ready for the deployment. We are safer because of you! I'm a PROUD army sister-in-law!

The Kramer's said...

I bet you are counting down the days until Chris gets home! How exciting! I completely understand about having an older house, and how some projects turn into much bigger ones once you start them! Can't wait to see the finished pictures!