CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Hands-On!

Every Thursday & Friday at school we have lab days. During these days we do hands-on procedures. We've learned how to move a patient in & out of bed, how to give patients a head to toe bath while in bed, how to care for and change colostomy bags, how to administer enemas, how to administer & change IV's (I got blood on my first stick, I'd like to add) and many more. While in lab, I was nominated to be our 'picture taker' to collect for graduation. So I wanted to share some from the last couple of weeks.

My class learning how to change a colostomy bag.

Me administering an enema.

Mrs. Simmons (my lab teacher) going over the enema procedure with us.

Leena changing a colostomy bag.

Mrs. Simmons teaching us again.

Mrs. Simmons helping Michelle look something up.

Kim sleeping....somedays it's hard to stay awake while waiting for your turn!

Mrs. Simmons waking Kim up with a fake hand....it was very funny!

On of our manikins....we call him Johnny, some days Charlie, or even Billy Bob!

3 comments:

Kevin, Isabella, Jennifer Kramer said...

That is so gross! I could never do that.

Sue Haynes said...

Thank God for manequins! Can you imagine learning on a real person? Poor patient... It looks so interesting. Glad you are doing what you really want to do. Its your calling...

Krissy said...

Those are too funny! Glad you are enjoying it and great job with honor role! Proud of you!!