CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 2, 2009

Iraq Bound! :-(

I'm sad to report that Chris is officially gone for the next 10-12 months. He had to report back to his unit this morning at 9am. By 10am they were all pulling out to head back to New Jersey. There, they have a few more training exercises to get through, pack, and get ready to bored the planes. There is no exact date yet of when they will actually head over, it's sounding like the end of next week, but I will definitely keep everyone posted. I know what some of you are thinking...yes we've been apart for a year before. However, we did get to see each other twice during that year and with him being in Cuba, I knew he was safe. For some reason, this time feels different, it somehow feels harder!

This morning was definitely not easy. As the alarm went off and I rolled over, all I kept thinking was how fast these 10 days went by. How there wasn't enough time to spend together and all the things we wished we got to do. The 40 minute drive to his unit wasn't all smiles either. I definitely kept my composure, but at the same time I had SO many thoughts going through my head. How will I ever get through this? Will he come home 'okay'? And then other thoughts like, I'm going to miss sharing our days together, I'll miss his smile and the way he makes me laugh. All the things he'll miss out on throughout the year...family birthdays and functions, his 35th birthday, my birthday, our 5th Anniversary, any holidays between now and November, all the summer activities we've always enjoyed doing, not to mention the things at the house that will change. However, he did give me his blessing on anything I want to upgrade or remodel...it's nice to know he trusts me 100% with those choices!

So as Chris goes off to war and I stay back to keep our lives together, please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. The next year will definitely not be easy for me or Chris, but our relationship has been tested many times before and our love with conquer all!


My Heart


7 comments:

Kristy said...

*HUGS* Wish I could be there to at least sit and talk. You two are one of the strongest married couples I know... a long year ahead, yes. It's wonderful that you'll be able to stay in some kind of contact and share with one another and all of the family members around. Please know we're thinking of you BOTH and wish a happy and SAFE return! We love you<3

Kevin, Isabella, Jennifer Kramer said...

We are here whenever you need us! Bella wants to know when you and Zoe are coming for a sleepover.

Sue Haynes said...

You are a strong woman Julie. I know this is a challenge, but I also know you will get through it. You know he will be coming back to you, and that's the most important thing. So now the "Aunt" in me kicks in... phone calls, emails, just plain bugging you! I'm there for you any time you need me. I know how hard being a military wife can be, but I also know you. Start the countdown 'til he's home clock and focus on that. I'll do all I can to keep you smiling, but we all know only Chris can make you truly happy. (But I'm going to try anyway!) I love you both and will continue to pray for happy moments for you both through emails, letters and phone calls. The best part of him coming back to you will be when I stop bugging you! I'm going to make Thanksgiving Day his return date. That means only 329 days to go! Piece of cake... :)

Anonymous said...

Aunt Julie, I really need to get a schedule set of when you and Zoey are going to come over for sleepovers. For a 3.5 year old I am very busy with pre-school, mis- behaving, bugging my dogs, and many other things. Please call me on my Barbie cell phone as soon as possible. Also, please bring chocolate milk with you since mommy will not keep it in the house. Don't tell her but she is such a party pooper. I LOVE YOU aunt Julie!!!!:)

Anonymous said...

Interesting..... this Isa sounds very familiar. Julie, if you need anything you call us. We are right around the corner. You and Chris are always in our thoughts.

The Kramer's said...

Isn't that Isa the sweetest thing? And that Kevin guy, what a weirdo! LOL!
On a serious note, you and Chris are in our thoughts and prayers! Thank you Chris for everything you have and will be doing for us! Julie, you are a very strong woman! If you ever need anything please let us know! We are thinking of you guys! :-)

Anonymous said...

where you come from!