CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Back to School!!

For those of you that have been wondering what's going on....here it is. I'm going back to school!!! :-)

This is something that I've been thinking about for the last couple of years, but do to financial responsibility and other things, it was never the right time. Well, Chris and I have decided that 2009 will be the best time! With him being gone, I'll focus better and I'm sure this will make the time fly by!

So, I'm sure you're asking yourself...what am I going to school for? I will be going to become an LPN!! Eventually I'd like to be an RN....but I haven't decided if I'll go straight through for that or take a break. I'll be doing an accelerated program through Brown Mackie, which is in Akron and only about 10 minutes from our house. The program is 15 months long and if everything stays on schedule, I'll graduate in May 2010. I will be working from home part time and going to school full time. So with going to school, studying, working 30 hours a week, and going to the gym 3-4 days a week (want to lose 30-40lbs. by the time Chris gets home), I'll be one BUSY girl!

I'm super excited for this big change in our lives, but nervous at the same time. It's been awhile since I've been in school, but I know I have to do something with my life that I get satisfaction out of! Chris supports me 100% and I probably wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't for his support and encouragement.

Classes for me start on Monday...wish me luck! :-)

7 comments:

Kristy said...

WOW- good for you:) Best of luck with your schooling and balancing everything... you'll do great!

Laura said...

Sounds like a great plan! Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck Julie!
Once you get in the swing of things you will probably enjoy it a lot.
You will make a great nurse!
And with Chris gone it is a great time to do it.
Happy studying -- you can do it!
Love,
Sue K.

The Kramer's said...

Julie,
That's awesome! You'll be a great nurse. Good Luck with everything.

Mrs. Eshbaugh said...

Congrats on such a huge decision and change. I'd be scared to death to start something new like that! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Kevin, Isabella, Jennifer Kramer said...

You'll do great! I can help you study. (We can study together...)

Anonymous said...

well bay i hope it does the way u eant it to but like i said before i have all the faith in the world in you and youll do fine

just wanted to let you know that i love you and miss you very much

hugs and kisses
chris